Friday, April 27, 2012

Interview with Sammi Lane

Sammi Lane is a female professional wrestler who debuted in 2006 and has performed for many wrestling promotions in the USA. Her most notable stint has been her participation with New England Championship Wrestling, a well known indie promotion that a couple of year ago got tv exposure. After her debut Sammie made many head turn in her direction. Her potential was undeniable and her pretty looks make her stand out. Currently living in New Hampshire, she knows wrestling can be ephemeral and has pursue her college career. Want to know more of her background? what is she doing right now and what is this young talented beauty will do? Read the following interview that she kindly agreed on replying.


If you don't know Sammi, I present her to you

Me Sammi, how did you decide to become a pro wrestler and when did that happen?
Sammi Lane I was flipping through the channels one night when I was 12 and stopped to watch WWE. It immediately drew me in and I knew that I wanted to wrestle on TV. I didn’t start training until I was 16.

Me How did you come up with Sammi Lane?
Sammi Lane To be honest, I have no idea where Sammi Lane came from. One day I saw the name “Sammi Lane” advertised in my spot in a tag match, so I googled the name. Nothing came up. I went to the show and found out that my trainer had named me Sammi Lane, and that there wasn’t another girl taking my spot in the match. Kinda funny if you think about it.


Me Where did you train? Who were your trainers?
Sammi Lane I trained at Top Rope Pro Wrestling Academy in Manchester, NH, by the late Steve Bradley.


Me You have wrestled mostly for NECW and AIW for their Girls Night Out dvds and a Wrestlicious appearance; however, we haven’t seen you around for a while. Why is that?
Sammi Lane I still work for PWF at least once a month, although I definitely have cut down on shows. I’m a full time master’s student and am very commited to graduating with honors.
Me After watching your matches and promos can say that Sammie Lane is a cocky girl, that looks everybody over her shoulder. What else can you add about you? Would we see a change in the future?
Sammi Lane Snobby, entitled . . . any synonyms to these words would describe my character. My promos exemplify this, and I don’t see it changing anytime soon.


Sammi Lane portrays herself as a entitled girl, cocky and obviously hot


Sammi Lane and Scott Levesque promo when wrestling for NECW



Me
 What are the promotions would you like to work for in the near future?
Sammi Lane I think that we all start wrestling with the same ambition: to be on TV. I’d love to work on TV someday and get the chance to show everyone why I started this journey in the first place.

Me I did some research and found out (not in a stalking way, lol) that you are also a model, you are straight edge and a Ball room dancer. How did you get to like that lifestyle and the latin music? I saw a video and you dance well. You know many people think USA girls have less rhythm than latin, but you are doing it well.
Sammi Lane My mother owns a ballroom dance studio, so I grew up a ballroom dancer. I still dance when I can find the time. I model mostly for the purpose of having professional looking pictures to advertise myself, but I have fun with it too. I try not to stick myself with the label “straight edge” anymore, but it’s true that I’ve never drank or done drugs. I would never wrestle a match drunk, and I would never take a final exam while hung over. It’s just a lifestyle choice I’ve made and stuck with.


Me Which is your favorite match or opponent? Who are your dream opponents?
Sammi Lane Daffney was my favorite match and opponent. I raised my expectations of myself for that match and felt like I had met them. I don’t have any actual dream opponents, but it’s always great to work with someone who challenges me to improve.



 Daffney with that psycho loo as always punishing Sammie


But Sammi holds her own against the former WCW and TNA star


Me What is your opinion about the current state of women’s wrestling, mainstream and indies?
Sammi Lane I think that whether it’s mainstream or on the indies, women’s wrestling is constantly changing. Wrestlers have to keep on evolving with the times and trends, and that definitely keeps it interesting.


Me Tell us about your move-set, what moves should fans look out for when we watch a Sammi Lane match?
Sammi Lane I like to think that I’m not completely predictable with my move-set, but it’s definitely not uncommon to see me doing whatever I have to do to wear down my opponent and get the win.



Me I read you won the APCW Vixen`s champion in 2008. What other championships have you won? Do you have one in mind you want so bad to compete for?
Sammi Lane In the past, I’ve also held the women’s championship for Powerhouse Wrestling. I’ll be competing for it again at the end of May, so that’s one championship that’s been on my mind lately.


Me Let’s play guest booker here. If you would be signed to WWE, who would you feud first and how would it start?
Sammi Lane Idealy, I think that anyone who starts for a big company like WWE would love to immediately start feuding with the champion for the belt. I’d love to start feuding with the current women’s champion in any way that I can to let her know that I’m there to take her title.

Me How can fans contact you? Facebook, twitter? BTW, do you have problems with creepy fans? (maybe a weirdo asking for interviews for a no name blog? Lol)
Sammi Lane Fans can send friend requests to the Sammi Lane facebook account or “like” the Sammi Lane fan page. I’ve definitely had my fair share of fans getting a little too personal, which unfortunately seems to be the norm for many female wrestlers. I guess there are still people out there who don’t know the difference between catfighting and pro wrestling.



Sammi fans can check her wrestling pictures. She has been in the ring with the likes of Jessicka Havok, Sara Del Rey

Sammi en the AIW Girls Night Out 2 against Hailey Hatred. Who won? go to clickwreste.com


Me I am gonna name 12 wrestlers/words and you have to associate them with one or two words

- wrestling: TV

- WWE: fame

- TNA: knockouts

- NECW: Handsome Johnny

- Divas: bikinis

- Finishing move: luchadors

- Shimmer: badass
- WSU: jersey
- Sara Del Ray: ouchie
- Hardcore matches: run!
- Future: me
- Your idol? The women wrestlers of the 90’s/early 2000’s . . . and Mildred Burke



Me Is there anything else you would like to add to the fans reading the interview?
Sammi Lane Thanks for supporting indy wrestling!

Sammi thank you so much for your time and your sincere answers. I see nothing but the best for your pro wrestling career. I personally consider you look better than all the WWE divas and TNA knockouts  and if you keep training and wrestling regularly you will achieve greatness.


Sammi, we miss you when you are not in the card



I leave you with some additional stuff about Sammie:



Against Midwest Militia leader and current WSU Champion Jessicka Havok


A picture with current OVW champion Taeler Hendrix




A fan made Sammi Lane toy I found. The attire fits, the face not much, but it shows fans appreciation

2 comments:

  1. Sammi Lane is lovely and the size of her breasts definitely makes her look like a woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sammi is comely and her bosom is big making her look like a woman

    ReplyDelete